Tuesday 11 October 2011

To be called a Princess...

It's always great being reminded of who you are. It is so easy to get 'lost in the crowd' or feel alone and scared because every second person you see is dealing with things whether they show it or not. Lately I've been thinking, gosh I really don't wanna grow up. I just want to be a child with no responsibilities, with nothing holding me back from just being a kid. I don't wanna think about my future and what I'm gonna do for the rest of my life because it seems too hard. Tonight Paul shared his testimony at youth and it was really inspiring for me. It's funny how you can look at someone and think you know everything about them until they talk about their lives and you realise that you were wrong. See, I thought Paul was pretty much like Stephen, with everything together and what not but when he shared about his youth and it reminded me of my own life. I mean, I don't steal things and I'm not a rebellious child but I could relate to some of the things he was sharing about.

Here's some of my favourite parts from tonight...

1. God sees the individual, not the crowd. And it's funny that this is the thing to stand out for me because I've heard this all my life and I've known it, but not actually heard it till now, if you understand what I mean. Sandra was talking about it in lifegroup tonight and she was saying how in our generation it's so easy to feel like one of the crowd, because that's who we wanna be. It's like we don't wanna to stand out and be an 'individual' because that's tough and it's easier to blend in but even when we do this, God still sees us and loves us the same.

2. God loves me as I am. Paul also shared about how he forced himself to be the best rugby player because that's what got his father's attention, and for me I kind of felt like I've always tried to be the best at school work because that's all I can do. I hated getting bad marks from test papers and still do that I would often end up crying and I was reminded tonight that all those tears were for nothing because God accepts me for who I am. He loves me, not because I am perfect but because I am his child, his daughter and he sees me as I am. As me.

3. I am his princess! Going into this year as a youth group leader, God gave me a vision of women of God as princesses by his side and through all of the crap that's been going on in my life I forgot about who He was. God reminded me that I am his precious daughter and that he will provide everything I need. I think the vision he gave me was something I needed to grasp first and I know that through all of my troubles he is with me. Right by my side. I am his precious daughter. His loved one. His PRINCESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment