Friday 27 April 2012

I Don't Wanna Stay Up All Night

Note to self: Do not go to school if you have not slept AT ALL the night before!

Today I nearly fell asleep in class. We had an assignment due at 8.30am this morning for Chemistry and if it wasn't for ANZAC day yesterday I probably wouldn't have got it done. The assignment was a titrations internal, so if you don't know what that means it was a type of experiment where I had to measure the concentration of oxygen at Hunua Falls, and to be honest I'm just glad it's over. It was probably one of the most strenuous, time consuming assignments I've had to do yet and it was only worth four flippin' credits. It was an assignment that I probably spent more time complaining about than any other, and my whole class would probably say the same. When I was in Australia in the holidays, I took my laptop and chem books over with good intentions of actually getting some work done, but obviously my lack of discipline, laziness and terrible time management got the better of me. I decided that I would just enjoy my holiday and suffer the consequences later, and suffer them I did. I spent literally ALL DAY yesterday doing it. That was starting the report and finishing it all in one day. There were times throughout the day when I cried and thought- stuff this, it's only 4 credits but then I had to tell myself to shut up and just do it. I started at 1pm (after waking up at 12pm.lol) and finished the whole report at five o'clock this morning. That's like 14 hours of stupid work! It took waaaaaay longer than I had expected. Anyway, the good thing is that I got it done and was one of the first to hand it in :) not sure if that counts for anything but yeah I'm just glad it's over. The thing I learnt today is to never pull a full on all nighter and then go to school the next/or well the same day. That was the worst idea ever. In the morning I was fine but it hit me by about 11am (luckily I had a free period) and I was so tired all day. My plan was to go to senior assembly and just 'rest my eyes' but as I was heading over to it, I was told I had a Pasikifa meeting with some uni people to talk about stuff that at that moment, I really didn't wanna hear about. My eyes wanted to close on me and my brain was not processing anything properly and I must have just looked so out of it. Got home at 5pm tonight, tried to do some work and fell asleep til about 9.30pm. Now, I'm awake and I can't sleep!! Not good. Not good at all. Worst part is now I feel sick. And tired. And I don't feel like going to school tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment