Friday 2 December 2011

Tribute to Ms Anisi

Shouldn't I be on holiday? Well apparently no.

Last night I got home from the BE.LOVED event and pretty much went straight to bed. That was at like 10pm. I mean, what 17 year old girl goes to bed that early after just finishing exams and is now supposedly on holiday. Well, me and that was because I was planning on going to Steffi's end of year assembly. Seriously, when your 8 year old cousin personally asks you to come, you have to, right? And so I was all set to go at 8am until I woke up and saw a text from my dean asking to come into school for a farewell for Ms Anisi (Samoan teacher at AGGS) so I was pretty much torn between which one to go to. Cousin's assembly or teacher's farewell?

I love my cousin but I decided to go into school especially given that I've just been named a prefect for 2012 and Ms Anisi probably played a big part in that. So yeah if you don't know her, she's pretty much an awesome as teacher. She is the kind of teacher that most students fear or try to avoid unless you're in her good books (which was me) or you just get to know her. Until this year, she was just that for me. A scary teacher who yelled at us when we didn't sing the school song loud enough or if we had incorrect uniform. But this year, I got to know her better. She started up the Pasifika initiatives at AGGS and has supported Pasifika students at AGGS ever since she started teaching at the school, and from what I understand, she started teaching at AGGS as a BT(beginning teacher) and has been there ever since. Now she's joining the likes of Ms Hayes (one of my favourite teachers who left last year- also mentioned in this post.) and Ms Todd at MAGS :( So to you Ms Anisi, we say good bye but as the saying goes 'Once an AGGS girl, always an AGGS girl!' We love you miss. Thanks for everything you have done for AGGS, especially to our PI girls. You will be missed!

So yeah I guess I'm not really on holiday yet, but today was a good day, and even though I missed Steffi's assembly it was still great to hear that she got an honours award. Whoo! Go Steffi!! :) So a good day all round.

Day Two of BEDD complete. No official 'act' that I can think of that I've done today but hm maybe that'll come later in the day. Ok goodbye for now.

1 comment:

  1. Just an update on the actsofkindness thing: Yeah, well tonight I gave away chocolate I got from last night at BE.LOVED. I'm gonna say it counts even though I feel like I didn't really deserve it anyway given that I left during clean-up time. Oh well. Act 2: complete :)

    ReplyDelete