Wednesday 7 December 2011

When I was a kid..

When I was a kid, I loved everything about my Nana's house. It's where I grew up and is the place that reminds me of my childhood. It was the house right behind our own house (yep, my parents bought a house in front of Mum's parents house) and so I was pretty much always there.

I remember sleeping over at my Nana's house with all of the cousins and if I forgot my pajamas, Nana would just give me one of her shirts and it became my nightie. I miss those days. Yep, and I also remember staying up til like 10pm (and thinking it was super cool) and playing Crash Bandicoot and Tekken on our PlayStation and leaving it on the whole night because we didn't have a memory card.

I also remember making 'tents' in the lounge by tying sheets to the couches and chairs and pretty much whatever would hold it. Grandad would get so mad by all the mess we made but Nana would help us clean it up when we were finish- like 3 hours later. I wanna do that with my kids one day.

My favourite memory from that house though, had to be when me, Taneya and Luke? I think made a 'house' in the backyard. See, the thing was that Grandad had like a million old bricks in the backyard all piled up by the dog house. We always wanted to do something with them so obviously we decided to make our own house, yeah cos that's what we do. Anyway, I think we were like 8 or 9 years old or whatever so decided to 'glue' the bricks together with our own homemade glue (which was made from flour and water- yeah that annoyed Nana lol) and yeah ended up with a quite impressive 2m-ish by 2m-ish sized 'house'. I'm sure we even left space for windows and then put a tarpaulin on the top as a roof. That was all fun until Grandad got home from work, saw what we had done and pretty much yelled at us til we cried. From what I remember Nana helped us clean that up to.haha.

Yeah, I miss that house. My grandparents have since moved out from there and it is still hard sometimes to think I can't just rock up there at anytime I want. That house was my childhood but now I guess it is time to grow up :( Anyway, I'm glad I have those memories. Goodbye. (Sorry, bad way to end that post).

BEDD: Day 7 complete :) First week is over!lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment